User in specific 'Project Role' creates JIRA -> Auto notify specific User.

Adam August 20, 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way, or if it's even possible to setup an automatic notification based off Project Role (or Group).

In our JIRA installation (6.0.1) we have several clients who are organized into Groups and Project Roles. We don't want clients to be able to see other clients, so we diable "Browse Users" options. Though as a side note, if anyone knows how to give the ability to browse users only from within the same group, that would be great.

For example:
User is part of group/role "XYZ" and they create a JIRA ticket. An automatic email should be sent to a single user we specify to notify of the ticket creation. But of course, an email is not sent if a different user from group/role "ABC" creates a ticket.

All clients use the same, single Project.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2014

Hey there, Adam.

I noticed that it has been a while since you receive any response here. Have you raised a ticket in the following link:

https://support.atlassian.com

You will be able seek help from the support engineers regarding the questions that you have here. If you have not, I would kindly suggest you to do so.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Suggest an answer