User in specific 'Project Role' creates JIRA -> Auto notify specific User.

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way, or if it's even possible to setup an automatic notification based off Project Role (or Group).

In our JIRA installation (6.0.1) we have several clients who are organized into Groups and Project Roles. We don't want clients to be able to see other clients, so we diable "Browse Users" options. Though as a side note, if anyone knows how to give the ability to browse users only from within the same group, that would be great.

For example:
User is part of group/role "XYZ" and they create a JIRA ticket. An automatic email should be sent to a single user we specify to notify of the ticket creation. But of course, an email is not sent if a different user from group/role "ABC" creates a ticket.

All clients use the same, single Project.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Ahmad Danial Atlassian Team Feb 26, 2014

Hey there, Adam.

I noticed that it has been a while since you receive any response here. Have you raised a ticket in the following link:

https://support.atlassian.com

You will be able seek help from the support engineers regarding the questions that you have here. If you have not, I would kindly suggest you to do so.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,780 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot