User in Administrator group cannot customize dashboards

Deleted user February 24, 2015

Dear all,

I have 2 users in the group "administrators" as following:

a) "Peter Müller (Administrator)"

b) "Hans Müller"

The 1. question is why is behind "Peter Müller" the word "Administrator" and not behind "Hans Müller".

2. Peter is able the update Dashboards, Hans is not able to do even if he is in the Administraor group and Site-Admin group.

Pls help.

Thanks and regards

Christoph

1 answer

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

Hey Christoph,

1. I'm not sure but I could imagine this is a special behaviour on JIRA Cloud that the user that requested the cloud instance or got setup as first administrator bears this suffix in his name automatically.
  2. Please be aware that while every user can create his/her own dashboards, only the creator of a dashboard is allowed to modify it. As a workaround, user "Hans" could copy the dashboard and then modify it for himself and share it once again for other users. Additionally, you can change the ownership of a dashboard here: https://YOUR_JIRA_URL/secure/admin/dashboards/ViewSharedDashboards.jspa

I hope this answers your questions. 

Regards,
Philipp 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events