User gets notifications he shouldn't get

Alvaro Gonzalez May 30, 2013

Hello,

We have a user that receives notifications of every user created or updated in a project. We use the default notification scheme, where only Administrators and Developers roles should get notifications, he has only the user role. I used the notification helper, but according to it he should receive no notification at all. So I am very puzzled about this.

Any idea?

Cheers

9 answers

0 votes
Alvaro Gonzalez June 4, 2013

Hello to all,

Thank you for all your help. Since my last comment, the user didn't receive any notification. So in my opinion it could be a lot of things, but probably he was in the notification group and before I check he was removed.

Sorry for the noise.

Cheers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2013

A group email was worth looking for, as I've seen that a few times.

Might be worth posting a bit more here - copy and paste some exact details here for us to look at. Specifically, the "issue created" line in your notification scheme, and the users groups and roles

0 votes

Hello Nic,

I just checked the list of emails of the users that have to be notified and no. We take the user emails from our employee internal LDAP, that information is validated before apearing in LDAP.

Thank you to all of you for the suggestions. I will try to get more information about the problem, as now it seems no possible to happen something like this.

Cheers

0 votes

Hello Thomas,

I checked that and no luck. He is the only person in the Jira DB with that email address.

Cheers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2013

Is it possible that you have a user profile in Jira somewhere who has their email address set to a group email of some sort? One that includes this person as a member?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2013

Hi Alvaro,

maybe you entered the email-address of this user in the profile of another user ?

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes

Hello Daryl,

He has received several issue notifications (last one a issue creation), but he is not the watcher in any of them. The notification scheme says a issue creation will notify all watchers, but he is not.

Cheers

0 votes

Hello Daryl,

He has received several issue notifications (last one a issue creation), but he is not the watcher in any of them. The notification scheme says a issue creation will notify all watchers, but he is not.

Cheers

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

Hi Alvaro

Is the user added into the watcher of the particular issue in the project ? Also can you please check the event of the notification scheme does it include any watcher into it ?

Suggest an answer