User federation between 2 on demand instances

Chris Fussell June 25, 2014

We are currently using the Atlassian on demand Jira instance for our development team which I setup and paid for using my corporate credit card.

And, we are now looking to enable Confluence using the on demand service as well.

However, there is interest from our internal IS team to use a centrally managed instance of each and while our current Jira system would stay in place, my question is could we federate users between accounts/instances?

Put another way, we want to take advantage of the integration between Jira and Confluence by using the same user identity store; if we use a Jira on demand instance from 1 'account' (which I created) and an on demand Confluence instance is provisioned by our internal IS team (separate account), is there a straight forward means of sharing our Jira on demand user identity store with the Confluence instance provisioned via another account?

Regards,

Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2014

Hi Chris,

It's not possible to share the user base from one OnDemand account to another.

This is just possible if you have JIRA and Confluence together, sharing the same URL. Meaning: if your JIRA OnDemand also have a Confluence integrated and both live on mycompany.atlassian.netif they have different urls, then this is currently not possible.

;)

Suggest an answer