User dump out of JIRA possible?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Is there a way to get a dump (XLS, CSV, etc.) of all of the users in JIRA along with some of the various fields? We'd like to clean up the userbase, but doing so by going through using a browser page by page is labor intensive.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2012

Atlassian Support can most likely help you out with this.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Use the SOAP / REST APIs to get all the users. You should be able to update them too.

If you don't fancy programming, I'm sure the jira CLI will let you do it with some shell scripting.

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

Yeah, I tried the CLI, but it doesn't let me control which fields I get back - I'm trying to purge folks that have never logged in, but the CLI doesn't seem to respond to those fields. I'm going to take a look at the REST option.

Any other suggestions?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

I've been doing powershell scripting with the API for a while; there are a few things I can't overcome with it, though - I've messed with selenium, but never been successful. I'll take a look at webdriver. In the meantime - this is a serious PITA.

https://[mycompany].jira.com/rest/api/2/groupuserpicker?query=users returns 6 items - one of which is the users group. Since I'm trying to get a list of the users...

Selecting a user picker won't work because it requires that I pass a username.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

If you're in on-demand, just screen scraping. I use WebDriver a lot.

If you were on hosted I would suggest a quick groovy script.

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012

And I just looked thru the REST API and there's no provision for returning any information about most recent login, so that's also a bust, and because it's UnDemand, I can't hit the database directly.

Brilliant.

Suggest an answer