User drop down list based on Issue Type while editing an Issue

Srilatha Pokala March 6, 2013

when i am Editing an Issue using Quick Edit, i have a drop down to choose Manager from the list, but the list contains all Managers in the company. Is there any way we can update Manager List based on Issue Type while editing?

Thanks in advance

5 answers

0 votes
Srilatha Pokala March 12, 2013

Could someone please help in below question:

when i am Editing an Issue using Quick Edit, i have a drop down to choose Manager from the list, but the list contains all Managers in the company. Is there any way we can update Manager List based on Issue Type while editing?

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Hi there

Perhaps you can create different set Manager drop down list field in a field configuration associating different Issue Type within a project.

According to this docuementation : Associating Field Behaviour with Issue Types

This means that you can define different field configurations for each issue type that is available in a given project. For example, it is possible to have separate field configurations for the Bug the Improvement issue types (whose associations are defined in a field configuration scheme) for a project called 'Test'.

Hope it helps :)

0 votes

Thanks for you reply Daryl, So you are saying create one more field with different set of Managers?

we want to create custom fields as global so fields can be used across issues and project types

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013
Yea :) create a different set Managers for each different issue type
0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2013

Out-of-the-box, not possible. You can have the alternative to have different field config scheme and associate them to different issue types.

You might be able to hide the value with a condition using JIRA Behaviour plugin.

Last would be to try the solution that has been discussed in here.

0 votes

Thanks for your quick reply Zulfadli, is there a way that we can verify the selected Manager is in certain group?

I mean if i choose M1 as Manager(from the company's Manager List), now i want to verify whether this Manager in G1. If M1 belongs to G1 group then i should continue otherwise throw an error.

Suggest an answer