User drop down list based on Issue Type while editing an Issue

when i am Editing an Issue using Quick Edit, i have a drop down to choose Manager from the list, but the list contains all Managers in the company. Is there any way we can update Manager List based on Issue Type while editing?

Thanks in advance

5 answers

Thanks for your quick reply Zulfadli, is there a way that we can verify the selected Manager is in certain group?

I mean if i choose M1 as Manager(from the company's Manager List), now i want to verify whether this Manager in G1. If M1 belongs to G1 group then i should continue otherwise throw an error.

0 vote

Out-of-the-box, not possible. You can have the alternative to have different field config scheme and associate them to different issue types.

You might be able to hide the value with a condition using JIRA Behaviour plugin.

Last would be to try the solution that has been discussed in here.

Thanks for you reply Daryl, So you are saying create one more field with different set of Managers?

we want to create custom fields as global so fields can be used across issues and project types

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2013
Yea :) create a different set Managers for each different issue type
0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2013

Hi there

Perhaps you can create different set Manager drop down list field in a field configuration associating different Issue Type within a project.

According to this docuementation : Associating Field Behaviour with Issue Types

This means that you can define different field configurations for each issue type that is available in a given project. For example, it is possible to have separate field configurations for the Bug the Improvement issue types (whose associations are defined in a field configuration scheme) for a project called 'Test'.

Hope it helps :)

Could someone please help in below question:

when i am Editing an Issue using Quick Edit, i have a drop down to choose Manager from the list, but the list contains all Managers in the company. Is there any way we can update Manager List based on Issue Type while editing?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

230 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you