User does not have use permission

Alan Raczek December 10, 2013

I have a new installation of JIRA running. Previously I was able to login just fine with my Active Directory username and password. Seems now I cannot login and I get a message in the Atlassian-Jira-Security log "username is not authorized to perform to login for this request" and "username tried to login but they do not have use permission or weren't found."

This was working. I can't login as my account which should have admin permission. So no login works right now as this is a new installation.

..Alan R

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

Seems your permissions are gone somehow. Do you have an internal admin account? If so, login with that and make sure the AD integrations works fine.

If the internal admin account is gone, try this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Alan Raczek December 10, 2013

Sir- thank you for that info! Please note I was only tasked with installing this software as the domain admin, I never used this before. I got the local JIRA admin user and was able to login once I remembered the password. Ran the directory test on my account and get "Test get users memberships: failed.

I try to ad my account to JIRA-Administrators but it gives error "users directory is read-only". JIRA-Administrators is a JIRA group not in AD. So I am confused about what JIRA is using for users. It is set for AD. Do I need to set up a JIRA-Administrators in AD?

This will eventually be turned over to developers but I am hesitant on changing the AD connector to read write which gives developers the abilty to change things in AD.

...Alan

0 votes
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2013

Heya Alan,

So somehow your JIRA Admin Permission is gone, If I'm not mistaken that to put a user on AD side in the JIRA Groups, your LDAP configuration is have to be "Read-Only with Local Groups". This will make you able to include groups on the JIRA side while no doing any changes in the AD side.

If this is not possible, I think you have to include or create a group called jira-administrator on the AD side and register the username inside the group.

You may check this docu for details https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

Hope this could help you.

Suggest an answer