User directories missing in JIRA cloud on demand.

Devendra kori August 8, 2017

Hi Team,

I want to manage bitbucket users and groups from JIRA. If any new user who wants bitbucke access then i want to just add them in group/groups in JIRA and i want those users get reflected in bitbucket. is there any way to do this? 

Since i am using JIRA on demand trial i don't see the user directory under the user management is this because i am not JIRA system admin?  Is there any way Atlassian can give me temp access to test this user/group managment for some time? 

Please suggest is this right way to integreate bitbucket to JIRA for user managment?

Thanks,

Devendra

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Cloud has a different user management system.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-users-and-groups-744721623.html

Devendra kori August 8, 2017

Thanks Nic,  But is there any way to manage user directories in JIRA ? I want to set JIRA as user directory for bitbucket.  

The above link only talks about Self-signup and its only for JIRA dashboard.  What i would like to know is, I have  groups in bitbucket and i want add users to those bit bucket group from JIRA.

Any info on this very helpful and much appriciated. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

No, as I said, Cloud has it's own user management system.  You manage users for Cloud in there, not in one of the Cloud applications that it backs.

Suggest an answer