User creation notification mail

Nils Heymann February 5, 2015

We are creating users via API into jira. After every creation the added user receives an email with a password change link. We would like to change this. Either changing the text inside the mail to remove the 'set password'-link or to disable the mail notification.

a) What's the preferred way of changing the mail send out to new users?

I see WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/[html|text]/usercreated[-nopassword].vm. How do i change JIRA to use usercreated-nopassword.vm instead of usercreated.vm?

I could overwrite usercreated.vm, sure. But i would like to know the official way.

b) Is there a chance to disable sending out user creation mails in jira? If yes, how? (I know there's a checkbox for manual created users but as explained above we do this via API and i didn't see an option for this.)

Thanks.

(If there are already FAQs or answered questions for this, please point me to it. I couldn't find it yet. Thx.)

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015
0 votes
Nils Heymann February 5, 2015

As far as i know we are (still) using the json-rpc API and there method createUser which apparently does not support a flag for notification. The REST API does not send out notifications (at least it's written that way) so if we are migrating someday this will be fine.

My questions here are more about administrating options, not necessarily dev ones. 

Suggest an answer