User cannot see dashboard

PaulaA October 16, 2019

Hi there, 

I have a user that cannot see the dashboard, he gets an error to contact the admin.

I have checked that the dashboard and the filter, both are shared with a group, the user belongs to that group, and with the public.  He has the user role on the project.

He is not able to see it and I don't know if he needs more roles or what am I missing. Any help?
Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

Hi @PaulaA , 

Can you share the error message that your user see apart from contacting the admin? Is it happening with any dashboard? You can see the full error message in the log file (<jira_home_dir>/log/atlassian-jira.log).

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

PaulaA October 18, 2019

Hi, 

yeah, sure. 

Thank youdashboad.png

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

Hi @PaulaA , 

This is the dashboard.

The first Gadget on the left hand side shows that the user does not have the permissions. Please check for the permissions of the filter. 

Can you please check the filter results for all the other gadgets on the dashboard for this user?  It certainly is the permissions issue. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

PaulaA October 18, 2019

Hi @Amith Mathur {Appfire} 

Checks that I have done:

- He has the user role in the project

- The dashboard is shared with a group (the user belongs to it)

- The dashboard is shared with the project 

- For the ones in the right side, I only find the one on top, shared with all logged-in users.

The other filters I cannot find them but I can see the content so I would assume that are shared somehow... 

Attached all images.

Thanksdashboardfilter.png

dashboardsahred.pnguser-proj.png

Suggest an answer