User cannot login after creating

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

Hello,

I've tried local and ldap auth for one new user. In any cases this user is getting a message "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.". But i absolutely confident that Username and Password are correct. Any other new users are able to login without any problem.

Does someone experienced the same issue?

Thanks,

4 answers

0 votes
Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

This problem actual for local and ldap auth.

0 votes
Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

i'm using jira for user mgmt.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

Do these two things

1) In the Admin section of user directories in jira , test the user crendetials

2) Share the logs as well.

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

i've changed the password again. the problem still present.

log during login:

$ tail -f /data/jira_home/log/atlassian-jira-security.log

2014-03-26 07:39:29,913 http-bio-8080-exec-150 anonymous 459x22003778x1 z68syi 128.107.239.233,127.0.0.1 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : 'ymykhayl' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

2014-03-26 07:39:29,930 http-bio-8080-exec-150 anonymous 459x22003778x1 z68syi 128.107.239.233,127.0.0.1 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user 'ymykhayl' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 8

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

In the global permissions of JIRA, who can log on to jira, i guess people who are part of jira-users group can log-on to jira, is the user part of the jira-users group?

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

Sure, all new users automatically joining jira-users group. Also jira-users is in the JIRA Users Global Permissions.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2014

Are you using crowd or jira for user mgmt?

Suggest an answer