User cannot log in outside office - always asked for captcha to login which then doesn't work

Geoffrey Moes October 25, 2012

This is a mysterious one.

I have a user that can only log into JIRA when in the office on the company network. When he's not in the office, it says he needs to enter a captcha to log in, which then doesn't work.

I figured it was a laptop proxy setting, but the further complication is that regardless of the machine we use we can't log in to his account when outside the office network. It doesn't work on my machine from my home. It doesn't work from our remo

No other users are reporting having this issue. Frankly, I don't even know where to start.

We're using Crowd to handle user management. I've reset his failed logins and password reset status, but those don't seem to help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

Hi Geoffrey,

You mentioned that you have Crowd involved, does the external login work when attempting to login direct to Crowd url? Perhaps this issue doesn't lie in JIRA.

Also, are you using SSO? If so, are you using diferent urls for external and internal access?

If the login doesn't work for Crowd either, you may like to read this troubleshoot guide.

Cheers

Suggest an answer