User cannot create a quick filter in Jira Baord

srikanth_ccx October 17, 2017

Hi All,

I have a user who has ability to create quick filters in Jira board and suddenly he lost ability to create quick filters and when he tries to add new one and ends up with below error.

An error occurredHide…
Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / http://support.atlassian.com/ if the problem continues.
Details 
⦁ Exception: Unable to get property 'value' of undefined or null reference 
1 Resource:  
2 Line: 8909 
3 Column: 23354
Environment 
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.3; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Stack trace 
TypeError: Unable to get property 'value' of undefined or null reference 
at that.updateColumnLineCount () 
at that.parse () 
at GH.JQLAutoComplete.initialize () 
at Anonymous function ()

But looking at the error doesnt look related.

Please let us know if there is any fix for this,

Thanks,

Sri

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Gallien
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi Sri,

Are your users using Internet Explorer? If so it may be related to the following issue: Accessing JIRA Agile boards in IE throws "Exception: Unable to get value of the property 'getItem': object is null or undefined" or "Exception: Unable to get property 'renderAllSprints' of undefined or null reference".

If they are using that browser I would double check that DOM storage option is enabled for the browser. I would also recommend attempting the task in an incognito window, or clearing the cache/cookies to make sure it isn't a caching related issue.

Cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer