User cannot assign issue

jennhysuick March 19, 2013

I just got a support request. User A, who has the roles Project Lead, Administrator and Developer in a project, is unable to assign an issue to User B, who is also listed as Administrator and Developer. Both users are in a group that is given the User Role in the project, and this group is also given the Browse Users global permission.

The project is using a permission scheme that gives the Developer role the Assign Issues and Assignable User permission.

If it makes a difference - the issue was created when User A sent an email into Jira using the projects email address, and the default assignee in the project is set to Project Lead.

User A mentioned that when they tried to assign it to User B (started typing their name into the Assign window), the name did not appear in the list. He completed entering User B's name, and when he clicked past that window, he saw a message indicating the issue was "already unassigned".

I cannot reproduce this - I gave myself the same Administrator and Developer role in the project and was able to assign User B to an issue. I did not edit the Project Lead role, as this is a production project.

Any thoughts?

Jenn

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Can you check any workflow properties are added to workflow transitions

Suggest an answer