User can't see some function such as Label in More Action menu

Jirong Hu August 26, 2015

What's controlling that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

Label isn't a menu function, it's a field.  Edit the issue, and check the field is valid.

Jirong Hu August 27, 2015

The Label field is not in the screen at all. We have two environments for JIRA, DEV and PROD. The Label field is not in screen in both DEV and PROD. However, the user can see the Label menu in PROD but not in DEV. They used to edit the Label from the menu even after the ticket is closed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2015

Label is not a standard option in Jira, it is a field. If they've got something extra in a menu, then your admins have installed an add-on that provides it. You'll need to work out which add-on is doing it and add it to Dev.

I compared DEV and PRD, the PRD has two extra menu than DEV: Convert to Subtask and Label. the DEV has a lot more plugins installed than PRD. the only plugin in PRD but not in DEV is JIRA SSL Add-on. btw, I am the admin, just took over this new project. How can I bring these two extra menus into DEV?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2015

Convert to subtask is a standard function. It will appear in the menu when you've got the right permissions to use it and subtasks are enabled. However, I think I've missed something. There is a Label*S* option in the menu. To enable it, you have to have a label field valid for the project/issue type. I'm really sorry I forgot about that!

Found the reason. There is an jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrators on Close action properties on DEV, don't know why it's there. Thanks a lot for all your help. Now need to go back to fix the # sign issue.

Not action, it's step.

Suggest an answer