User and project avatars not showing anymore after upgrade (4.4 -> 5.2)

wcms November 19, 2012

I'm engineering the upgrade of JIRA 4.4 to 5.2. For this reason, I've created a XML Backup of our productive JIRA environment and copied the data directory.

After that I've installed a new 4.4 installation on my test machine, imported the XML and copied the data directory to the Application Data directory of JIRA. In 4.4 avatars and attachments were shown correctly.

Then I've started the upgrade procedure for 5.2, and checked again. While the attachments still work (and also show the preview), JIRA can't display the avatars of the projects and users. When I copy the URL of the avatar, I get an 404 message.

I already changed the Base URL from our productive URL to localhost:8080, but still no luck. Does someone know how I can fix this?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

Can you make sure you've copied the <jira-home>/data/avatars/ directory of JIRA 4.4 to the upgraded JIRA 5.2 <jira-home>/data/avatars/ directory. Also can you try reindexing the JIRA instance once and then check one more time.This should solve the problem

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

Log in as JIRA Administrators global permission. Choose Administration at the top right of your screen. Then choose System > Advanced > Indexing (tab) to open the 'Re-Indexing' page. Click on Reindex Issues button.

Time taken by reindexing is totally dependent on the your h/w-s/w installation, total number of issues in your JIRA adn JIRA will not will be accessible until reindexing is finished.

Refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Search+Indexing

wcms January 16, 2013

No idea where this behaviour was coming from, but the problem solved itself.

Thanks guys

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Log in as JIRA Administrators global permission. Choose Administration at the top right of your screen. Then choose System > Advanced > Indexing (tab) to open the 'Re-Indexing' page. Click on Reindex Issues button.

Time taken by reindexing is totally dependent on the your h/w-s/w installation, total number of issues in your JIRA adn JIRA will not will be accessible until reindexing is finished.

Refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Search+Indexing

0 votes
wcms November 19, 2012

Hi Naren. Yes, I've copied the attachments and avatars directory to the data directory in jira home. Regarding Reindex: Where do I do that?

Suggest an answer