User accounts limited to single project but able to post issues to other projects via Create Issue

Jon Andrews February 2, 2014

I have setup a project with single client group associated to it. That group contains 3 client users. I also have allowed access to the project via internal user groups - developers, admins etc. When I login as a member of the client group I am able to only list tickets associated with my project. However the client user account can also see other projects in the Create Issue / Projects dropdown. Further more the client account can post issues to the other projects but not view the issues (which when checked from my Admin account the tickets are stored as expected under the correct project with the report being the client group member). I have looked throughout our copy of JIRA and found no logical explanation to this, even the list of "other projects" the client user can see do not appear to relate to any other list in JIRA, typically I have checked all permission schemas, global permisions, groups nested under the default Users group etc. Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2014

This often happens if you give the jira-users (default logon group) group permission in the permission scheme.

0 votes
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

Hi,

I guess that the client user has the 'Create Issue' permission but not the 'Browse project' one.

Check your permission scheme, and your project roles.

What are the groups/roles that have the Create Issue permission, and those who have the Browse Project permission?

Does your client belong to a group/role with the create issue permission and not the browse project one?

Stéphane

Suggest an answer