User accounts from Multiple Active Directory Domains

Brent Kiley January 16, 2013

We currently have Jira configured to pull user accounts from one of our Active Directory subdomains where the majority of the users that need access are (at the time all the users were there). Our domain structure is domain.local and then sub1.domain.local (this is where jira is currently pointed) as well as sub2.domain.local.

We now have a requirement to give users access to Jira who are in sub2.domain.local.

I know we can add another directory to the jira user config, but then we would be risking duplicates if ever the domains had the same username.

We currently use the directory type JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory. I believe there is a newer AD integration but no way for us to migrate to it and I don't believe it solves our issue.

Is there any way to add the other domains? Is crowd the only way? Or would crowd even work in this case?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013
If same usernames come, JIRA will validate with the first directory set in the directory order. Isn't that sufficient for you?

Suggest an answer