User Stories title isn't strikedout when Done

Florent RIFAI November 3, 2016

Hello,

I've recently created a specific workflow for my team, and now, everytime I pass a user story or task to "Done", the title of the user story or task isn't strikedout anymore.

As you can see here, the ACT-233 is done and barred (before the change), and not the ACT-227. And I don't know what I did wrong :/

image2016-11-3 12:3:56.png

Anyone can help me ? I think this display is pretty usefull. Thanks  !

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

If you compare the two issues in the plain JIRA issue view (not the cards) you will find that ACT-233 has a Resolution set to something, but ACT-227 says it is "unresolved".

Your workflow has set a resolution on ACT-233, but not the other one, so you need to get that function added to it. 

There are three ways to set it really - by having it on a transition screen (do NOT add it to an "edit" screen, or you'll find your users are resolving open issues), by setting it with a post-function or, if you have a "simplified workflow" for that board, making sure you tick the "resolution" box for the right columns.

You also want to clear it on transitions out of the status in that column.  A simplified workflow handles that automatically, but for most workflows you just want a "clear resolution" post-function.

A fixed workflow will then set it correctly, but you'll still have historical issues that are wrong, like ACT-227.  If you've fixed the workflow, you can just move them back through it to fix it.  If you don't want that polluting your history, there are some more fiddly fixes for the data, but think about that one first.

Florent RIFAI November 3, 2016

Thank you so much ! That did the trick !

Suggest an answer