I've recently created a specific workflow for my team, and now, everytime I pass a user story or task to "Done", the title of the user story or task isn't strikedout anymore.
As you can see here, the ACT-233 is done and barred (before the change), and not the ACT-227. And I don't know what I did wrong :/
Anyone can help me ? I think this display is pretty usefull. Thanks !
If you compare the two issues in the plain JIRA issue view (not the cards) you will find that ACT-233 has a Resolution set to something, but ACT-227 says it is "unresolved".
Your workflow has set a resolution on ACT-233, but not the other one, so you need to get that function added to it.
There are three ways to set it really - by having it on a transition screen (do NOT add it to an "edit" screen, or you'll find your users are resolving open issues), by setting it with a post-function or, if you have a "simplified workflow" for that board, making sure you tick the "resolution" box for the right columns.
You also want to clear it on transitions out of the status in that column. A simplified workflow handles that automatically, but for most workflows you just want a "clear resolution" post-function.
A fixed workflow will then set it correctly, but you'll still have historical issues that are wrong, like ACT-227. If you've fixed the workflow, you can just move them back through it to fix it. If you don't want that polluting your history, there are some more fiddly fixes for the data, but think about that one first.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs