User Signup is disabled in atlassian ondemand, although documentation says otherwise

MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

according to Adding and Inviting Users , it is possible to allow people to sign up on Atlassian Ondemand:

Choose Invite Users on the dashboard, then choose User Signup Options.

Or take the longer route: Choose the cog icon at top right of the screen, then choose Confluence Admin. Then choose Users > User Signup Options.

Choose Allow people to sign up to create their account.

However, there appears to be no User Signup Options anymore. Was User Signup deliberately disabled in Atlassian Ondemand and the Documentation is out of date, or am I just missing something?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Atlassian answered this:

In order to set this option, please go to the General Configuration panel of your instance. If you scroll down all the way, and click "Edit Configuration", you can select 2 different options in the drop down next to Mode. Private allows only administrators to the instance to create users. Public will allow free sign up. A link to use the free sign up will be displayed on the log in page of your instance.

1 vote
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

It's highlighted on the rignt corner of the documentation that:

"The information on this page does not apply to Atlassian OnDemand sites with multiple apps. If you are using Confluence-only OnDemand, the information does apply."

Hence, I think you might have other applications (like JIRA) than Confluence only.

MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2013

Atlassian answered this:

In order to set this option, please go to the General Configuration panel of your instance. If you scroll down all the way, and click "Edit Configuration", you can select 2 different options in the drop down next to Mode. Private allows only administrators to the instance to create users. Public will allow free sign up. A link to use the free sign up will be displayed on the log in page of your instance.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2013

I've switched my JIRA to public mode, but the signup link still didn't appear on the login page. After searching a bit, I noticed:

The signup link doesn't appear in Chrome Incognito window. The signup link does appear in normal browsers.

Suggest an answer