User Picker returns no results

epedder November 16, 2020

I have discovered that the User Picker control used to select users for various components in Jira Service Management is not returning any results.

My account is the project administrator and I'm able to browse users elsewhere but the picker itself never seems to function, even if I try to select myself.  

To better illustrate this I have captured an example when selecting the Project lead.  Note that my own name does not appear either and that I'm the project administrator (and organization owner).

2020-11-16_13-17-06 (1).gif

I suspect there is something wrong in a permission setting somewhere but I haven't been able to find it.  My system started out on Jira Server and was migrated to Cloud so that may have been the cause.  

Any pointers would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi @epedder 

Have a look at global permissions (https://your domain/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa).

To be able to browse the user list, you should have the browse users and groups global permission. 

epedder November 16, 2020

Thanks that's exactly it.  For some reason I'm not in the "jira-administrators" group - almost certainly due to the migration.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events