User Picker on Create

Anthony Zepeda June 7, 2017

So I have a custom field for script runner called "Created by". I would to set this field by default to the current user when creating the ticket in service desk. I have found some forums, but they all seem outdate and I can not get it to work on Script runner. I am not looking for a post function, as I would like it to be prepopulated while creating the issue, or if it was hidden on the create screen and was set in the background as a post function after creating the ticket where I could then see that field in the People detials, that would work as well. Is there a way to achieve what I want?

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

Hi Anthony, 

I don't have the exact answer you're after, but I can share that JIRA already logs a "Creator" in the background.  This became available around JIRA version 6.2.  

This is helpful for a scenario like: I create an issue on "behalf" of another user.  JIRA would record my username as the "Creator" and whatever value I selected in the "Reporter" field.  Both these values are stored in the "jiraissue" table in the database.

You can display the "Creator" column in filter results but not on screens.  (Here's the feature request for that:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43387)

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer