User Picker field in Issue Colelctor

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2013

Hi guys,

I just came across an isse where it is not possible to inclue a custom field of the type 'user picker' into an JIRA Issue Collector. I tried to grant the global permission 'browse users' to anyone, this still does noct work. I then tried to obvious and reffered to the JIRA Issue Collector documentation, which says fields of the type 'user picker' are not allowed to be displayed in issue collecters.

Though this is the explanation of the above descibed behavior, it still is a mayor downer for me!

What I treid to do is to create a webform (like the issue collector) for usage in a companies intranet. The intranet users do not have access to JIRA itself but should be able to use user picker field to select single JIRA users. Now thet the Issue Collecter prevents such sceanrios I am wondering if there might be a different way to approach this?

Thanks a lot allready and cheers,

David

4 answers

0 votes
Dryen Galvao May 4, 2018

Hi,

I found in the Project settings - > Customer permissions the role Who can customers share requests with? , so I choosed the option Any customer or organization, by searching in this project and the custom field becamed enabled to search users by any customer .

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

There is an improvement request opened to address this matter. Please feel free to vote on it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39365

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

Since I never saw any followup on this and this is a major problem for us, I have created the following support ticket to address: JSP-209847 

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2013

Hey there, David.

Are you still facing problems with this issue? If yes, I would suggest you to reach out to the support engineers by raising a ticket in https://support.atlassian.com so they can help you to tackle this problem. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer