User Picker custom field not showing up in People section of issues.

Mark Trude September 10, 2012

I was under the impression that User Picker fields automatically showed up in the People section of issues. Instead, a User Picker custom field that I recently created is still in the general details of the ticket, not under People.

How do I make this custom field appear under People when viewing an issue?

I'm using JIRA 4.4.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

2. Have you added the field on the view screen under screen schemes? You can have different screens defined for different issue operations (i.e. different screens for Edit and View).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

That's it. You nailed it. Thank you.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

You need to implement the UserField interface for it to show in the People section.

Btw, your tag seems wrong because you cant have thrid party plugins on onDemand!

I'm really new to this. My apologies. I don't know what you mean by "extend the UserField interface." Could you elaborate?

Thanks.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

It is an interface in JIRA. Your customfield class just need to implement that interface.

public class YourCFType extends xxx implements UserField

I guess I should have mentioned that other User Picker custom fields are already showing up in the People section. Only this one new field isn't showing up.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

yeah, do this only for the new field. Atlassian already have done this for the User picker fields!

But the field I'm talking about IS a User Picker field. But for some reason, it's the only User Picker field that doesn't show up in People.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

oh sorry, I thought it is a custom field you created. My apologies.

Couple of things to check.

1. Does it have a value?

2. is it on the view screen?

1. Yes, it has a value.

2. No, it doesn't show up in the view screen. Only in edit.

ranjitrajan November 4, 2016

Dear Jobin,

If have to implement this can you assist how this can be done on JIRA 6.4.

It is an interface in JIRA. Your customfield class just need to implement that interface.

I wanted a basic text custom field to appear under People section.

Regards,

Ranjit

Suggest an answer