User Picker Role based

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

The assignee field hides those users without assignable permission. The watcher does not accept users without permission to access the issue.

How can I create such an user picker field, considering permissions?

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

In the later versions of JIRA (6.2.x something onwards), you can configure filtering on user custom fields. You can configure the picket to select only users in certain groups or project role. You do not need a plugin for this.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2014

Good to know, thanks. I think, with newer Jira versions there are some updates, also regarding hiding inactive users. I will keep it in mind and check the Release Notes.

Divya Yathagiri Venkata January 18, 2019

Hi Jobin,

Are you suggesting that we can use conditions in the workflow to assign issues only to users in a project role? We are currently using issue alternative assignee to assign an issue to only a single/set of users when the issue is in a particular status.

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels December 16, 2014
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2014

Thanks, Maarten. I will check it.

Suggest an answer