User Permission to Project

Vidya Garbyal October 14, 2013

Hello,

I have taken trial version of JIRA to explore if it suits our organization requirement. I have created one user which is by default having 'User' role. I have checked 'User' role for only one project but still all the projects are visible to that user. alongside clicking on User Management>Users>Project Roles> I am able to see 'green check' against all project under 'User' title.

I have used Bugzilla earlier wherein if user is given access rights for only one project they are able to see only one project.

Please resolve my query at earliest.

Regards,

Vidya

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

if you have different permissions for different projects then you have to create separate permission scheme and need to associated with project

check this doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions#ManagingProjectPermissions-permission_schemes

check this doc for to know more about mangaing project permissions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Vidya Garbyal October 14, 2013

still my problem has been not resolved. I have tried multiple things after going though document but could not resolve my problem. Do you have any support contact number where i can call and get resolved my queries. It is very big issue for me. Regards, Vidya

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

did you created new permission scheme and associated with project?

my mail id : prasad304 at gmail.com

Suggest an answer