User Mentions not working

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Suddenly the user mentions stop working on my instance. 

When I'm adding a comment and start making a mention it show "Found no matching users for: XPTO" but when I inspect the page it makes a request to "rest/api/2/user/viewissue/search" and it return valid users. 

How can i debug this further? 

Best regards, 

Pedro Felgueiras 

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

The problem is fixed. 

There was an error on the JEditor plugin that make the mentions stop working. 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Thanks for letting us know!

Like omtonk likes this
Kara Craig March 4, 2019

Can you give more details on the issue and how you resolved it? We have one user who has an issue with @mentions  as well, but only that user.

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Admin _RKI January 20, 2021

@Kara Craigwe got the same Problem. 2 Users cant "@mention". The UserPicker doestn showed up...

1 vote
Kristina Haggård August 22, 2018

For us mention works occasionly, more like an "I'm lucky today"-feature than a reliable one. No Changes in notification schemes, no access rules Changes, still users don't get notified now and then. Starting to get a big problem here as we use mention feature a lot.

1 vote
karen.kayser@skandiabanken.no March 9, 2018

It seems like this is still a problem. @Mention don't work

0 votes
Aleksandra Matveeva September 10, 2021

Hello! Have the same issue for my teammate but the info about doesnt help me to resolve it. Could you help here, pls?

0 votes
Павел Морозов May 17, 2020

Still doesn't work. Cloud, only for me, in incognito too.

0 votes
Deleted user April 3, 2018

Same here, doesn't seem to work. Is this a known bug?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Pedro,

• Is this a Cloud or Server Instance?
  • How many users does this affect?
  • Is XPTO part of your domain name?
  • Are you using AD or an integrated directory only?
  • Do you see any specific errors in the logs when you attempt to find this user?

If this is a JIRA Server instance take a look at Mentions are not working in JIRA applications and follow the suggestions there.  If this is a cloud instance take a look at Mentions and Autocomplete are not working in JIRA Cloud and let me know the results and we'll go from there.

If this is a Server instance, reproduce the issue and provide the log snippet from the time you get the error and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Hy @somethingblue

• It's a server instance
  • As far as I know it affects all the users
  • XPTO is the username 
  • I'm using AD 
  • I can't find any errors. No in the catalina.out and on browser console

I will take second look at the link you provide. 

The problem is that i don't find any error. 

Cheers

Pedro

Suggest an answer