User Management related

hiba zubair August 2, 2017

Good Day!

I am getting my screen stuck on user management and want to add users.

It says 

Administrator Access - JIRA

You have requested access to an administrative function in JIRA and are required to validate your credentials below.

I have my username and password for which i made account for localhost JIra software but it is saying you are asking for administrative rights. Admin is myself then why is it so?

Plz help

1 answer

1 vote
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Dear Hiba,

That is actually normal behavior within JIRA, since you are trying to reach a page where one could possibly harm the system.. it is asking for a password validation to make sure that it is actually the admin trying to login. For example; Should you leave your Desktop open or someone hijacks your session.. that person could be making damaging changes to JIRA.

So as a safety mechanism JIRA will ask you to validate your password once more. You should be able to still login if you use the correct password.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

hiba zubair August 3, 2017

Thanks for the response.

Right but main issue is that i have to add user name with thier email addresses which is not possible even if i enter the user name and password.

It says u want administrator access ut it should not admin is myself.

So this is the issue.

Plz guide.

it is not moving ahead even if i enter my username and password.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

That does not sound like it is the admin "websudo" pop up screen.  That screen does NOT ask for a user name, only a password.

Could you explain exactly what you are seeing?

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- said, the screen you are directing to seems different than the one in your original post. Please attach a Screenshot so we can help investigate.

error.PNGHere it is. Whenever i try to work with advanced options it shows like this.

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2017

Dear Hiba,

Yup! That is actually normal behavior for JIRA. However.. you state that.. when pressing ''Confirm'' you will NOT be redirected?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Ok, good, so you're not entering your username, just the password into the "websudo" box.

What happens when you click "confirm"

It is not redirecting me to next page when i click confirm

user name is entered already i am entering password and clicking "cofirm" and not redirecting to other page.

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2017

Dear Hiba,

Is it directing you to any other page? Or not at all. Did you check the error logs?

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

hiba zubair August 6, 2017

there are no errors and it is not redirecting me to any page. it remains on the same page stucked as shown in the screen shot.

Suggest an answer