User Management Problem upgrading JIRA from 4.1.2 to 6.1.6

Hi Everyone,

We are upgrading our application from JIRA 4.1.2 to 6.1.6. I have a query regarding User Management in JIRA.

In JIRA 4.1.2 user management is done by following tables : userbase,propertyentr,groupbas,membershipbase,userhistoryitem

In JIRA 6.1.6 user management is done by Crowd tables :

CWD_USER,CWD_GROUP etc.

But in JIRA 6.1.6 tables of JIRA 4.1.2 is also present. I want to know whether JIRA 6 is making use of these tables and if yes then how? and how do i migrate userhistoryitem data?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

Thanks in advance.

0 vote

It depends on how you are doing user management as to whether it uses the tables or not.

But, it doesn't matter. If you are upgrading properly, it will deal with it for you, you do not need to think about it.

Thanks Nic,

I am using internal directory with Ldap authentication and it's working. The normal steps for upgrade didn't worked for me as database back up failed so I have to do all the things manually.(Also I am using WAR distribution)

I have checked and the application is using Crowd tables for User Management.I was just wondering if I just didn't miss or loose any data on those User tables as they may be getting used anywhere else.

"The normal steps for upgrade" - if these aren't working, you really should be investigating why, rather than trying to fix little bits of data.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

754 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you