User Management - Delete user UI

Alexander Farennikov March 27, 2014

Hi, I am trying to delete a user and your UI could use some improvement:

Maybe help me by at least giving a link to HOW to resolve it? As most things with Jira, it's not very obvious how to resolve issues like this one.

1 answer

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Hi Alexander

You can revoke this user from the Application Access option. This will reduce the license headcount by one; this is how OnDemand controls license counts. To delete this user you would need to delete all this user comments before and to find it, you would need to run a query direct at the database, but in OnDemand this is not possible.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

Alexander Farennikov March 28, 2014

Hi Ricardo, thanks, but this was not my question. Question is, why wouldn't Atlassian add links to corresponding articles in their KB.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

Because the message actually tells you almost everything you need to know.

I would agree that the message should really say "remove the user from all groups and roles, and mark them as inactive", as that's what you should do with "dead" users.

Alexander Farennikov March 28, 2014

Nic, it's not nearly all a regular user would need to know. They have a message, they can accompany it with a respective link to wiki or something.

Suggest an answer