User Directories Menu Option Missing

Mark Henery May 1, 2016

Hi,

My User Directories menu option is missing under the User Management menu.

I am the administrator and have the following groups assigned to me:

*administrators

*jira-administrators

*site-admins

I notice that somebody else had this issue and they were told the following:

Make sure the user you are using has the JIRA System Administrator permission under the Global Permissions page. smile

(if you cannot see the 'JIRA System Administrator' permission there is because the user doesn't have it)

How do I this JIRA System Administrator permission?

Please advice at earliest convenience.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

On JIRA Server, you need an existing System Administrator to add you to a group that has "system admin"

On JIRA Cloud, it's the same in the background, but you won't get that permission.  It's strictly limited to Atlassian support, as System Admin is a restricted function.  (Because it that lets you do things that can render your system unsupportable). 

As you're looking at user directories, I suspect you're trying to add one - that is not possible in Cloud, you have to use the Cloud user directory or google accounts.  There are no other options.

Mark Henery May 2, 2016

Thanks for getting back to me Nic.

I don't see any doco on how to use the cloud user directory.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Suggest an answer