User Count for Pricing

Jérôme Patt June 25, 2012

Hi there,

how is the number of users calculated for the pricing model? I connected an ondemand instance to our google apps for business account (which helds 64 Accounts at the moment) but only 9 Users are actually using the ondemand jira. Can you confirm, that only active users are counted for the pricing model?

Cheers,

Jérôme

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jérôme Patt October 9, 2012

Sorry for the late answer. Thx 4 replying that fast. Everything is clear now.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Any user who is able to login to JIRA is considered active (jira-users group by default). You can control this by global permissions.

And how can I prevent, that 64 User are purchased? Do I have to delete them on the global permissions tab?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Remove those users from the group that you have used in the "JIRA Users" global permissions. The group name is "users" by default in onDemand but you can add a different group if you want. Else make sure the "users" group has only 9 members!

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

In that case, remove "Any" and add "users" back.

Ok, I have the group "Any" where all possible google accounts are listed. In the group "users" are only those 9 people that followed my invitation.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

Yes, ofcourse. You can define who can access your instance.

Is that ok?

Suggest an answer