User Cannot Log In

Bart Bartholomay May 9, 2012

I invited user to join. After receiving email, he signed up, but now he cannot log in.

I have his user name and password, and when I try to log in using these credentials from my machine, I can't log in either.

I haven't a clue where to start debuggin this.

This is a brand NEW CLIENT! And needs to work now.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Check the application access page in the admin console and make sure the user has been granted access to one or more apps. If so, I'd recommend opening a request at support.atlassian.com so that one of our engineers can look and see what's wrong.

TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Also check that the user is a member of a group (generally, "users") that has "JIRA Users" permission.

That's set properly. The error message at log on states that the user 'hasn't been given permission to log in'.

Is there another place where this might be toggled?

That's got it Tim. Thanks so much for your prompt response. Goo thing the client's on the West Coast and isn't in the office yet. :-)

Suggest an answer