User Avatars not Visible for certain users?

Tudor Hofnar October 16, 2013

Weird issue we are experiencing. Some of our users cannot see the avatars/profile pics of the other users while in GreenHopper, when either on Plan or Work tabs. They can see their own profile pic just not other users. We are using IE 10/11.

One other issue I have noticed from users is that they can't set their own profile pics/avatars themselves. Once they select their .jpg image and click 'Confirm' nothing happens...you can keep clicking confirm and its like the button doesn't do anything, no pic change or anything. I, as the admin can change their pics but I'm wondering why they can't?

Are these browser related issues?

Thanks!

Tudor

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013
László Szönyi June 26, 2018

Does not help for IE11.

I have changed the compatibility mode settings, but nothing has really changed. Some avatars (uploaded pictures) are visible some are not. It must have to be something with file type and resolution I assume... (?)

0 votes

I've tried out several resolutions and formats. 

250x250 PNG works under IE11 (and Chrome).

JPG does not.

0 votes

Same issue here with IE11. Some avatars (uploaded pictures) are visible some are not. It must have to be something with file type and resolution I assume... (?)

With Chrome we see all the avatars.

0 votes
Stefan Baader June 14, 2018

We have the same issue after updating from CONF 5.10 to 6.9

0 votes
maxeyk April 20, 2016

We've been struggling with a similar issue - the avatars show up in Chrome but not IE (and IE is our corporate standard).  We're on the latest version of IE.  Sent requests to Atlassian helpdesk but they just said, "use Chrome." sad

0 votes
Maya S Chase
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

I have a user having similar issues, and it doesn't matter which browser she uses, she can see her own avatar and one or two others, but no one else's. We've tried clearing the browser caches, and checking the "remember me" on the login (suggestion from a different related question) but nothing works. My avatar is a jpg, not a png, and she can't see it either. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Benny Schmidt August 9, 2019

Same issue here in 2019 

Suggest an answer