User Access

Azita Manson October 25, 2017

I need to give access to a user ONLY to one of the projects (not just the entire software application); how do I do that.

If I create a group, I first have to add them as a user, which automatically gives them access to all the projects.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

The long answer is that you need to remove the default "everyone who can log in automatically gets access to projects" by removing the "can log in" group from the roles of every project, replacing them with other groups that give the right users access.

But a quick fix here is to create a new group, put your user in it and grant it "can log in" and then add it to the role of user only in that one project.  Remove the user from the main "can log in" group.

0 votes
Azita Manson October 26, 2017

I am not sure if I understand the steps you are asking me to do. Can you provide step by step on where to go and perform what?

"But a quick fix here is to create a new group, put your user in it and grant it "can log in"

Again, If I create a new group; it requires me to add the user to all my projects before I can grant (look up) the user. 

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer