Use this in cloud

Wesley Overdijk August 24, 2016

Could this plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.okapya.jira.checklist/server/overview) please be made available in cloud? There's nothing similar to this plugin and we really want to use it.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

You would have to contact the developers directly and ask them whether they're planning on developing a Cloud version of their add-on because it's not as simple as just "making it available".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2016

This is the right answer, but it's worth a bit of explanation.

It is technically possible for the add-on to be made available on Cloud.  But, to do that, Atlassian have to adopt and deploy it, then they can offer it, as they do with add-ons like the JIRA Suite Utilities, Tempo, Balsamiq and so-on.  They have stated that they will not be adding any more add-ons of this type to Cloud, and are in fact trying to get rid of them (The JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions were removed recently, and there are more to go).  So that route is closed

The way to add functionality to Cloud is to create "Connect" type add-ons.  I don't think the Connect framework currently supports the creation of custom fields, so I don't think this one can yet be converted to Connect.

Wesley Overdijk August 25, 2016

Thank you for your reply.

I see. Would something like this be possible? I simply need the checklists somewhere on the ticket page. One that's project-wide, and one that's ticket-specific.

Currently they're just lists, but for some reason developers don't like lists as much as they like checkboxes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

I don't think Connect supports the addition of custom field types yet.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2016

Hi Wesley,

We have decided a while ago to not make Checklist Cloud enabled. We are currently reassessing this decision but if we are too, it will take some time. If you look for "checklist", you will see that other similar plugin are available for the cloud but not with the same UI of feature set.

Suggest an answer