Use script runner plugin to immediately close a newly-opened issue

Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

I believe I am following the correct steps, but the newly-created issues are not being closed, my workflow is attached (Immediate.xml.txt)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2014

I was missing the transition from Open to Closed.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

Anything in the logs? probably you need to set a resolution on that transition....

Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Here are the relevant log entries, note the post-function is already at the bottom of the list.

2014-04-02 13:25:22,098 Thread-893 ERROR username 805x13718x1 32av5l 10.0.8.112 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [groovy.canned.utils.WorkflowUtils] Errors: {}
Error Messages: [The workflow operation with action id '111' does not exist in the workflow.]
2014-04-02 13:25:22,098 Thread-893 ERROR username 805x13718x1 32av5l 10.0.8.112 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [groovy.canned.utils.WorkflowUtils] Not attmpting transition
2014-04-02 13:25:22,099 Thread-893 WARN username 805x13718x1 32av5l 10.0.8.112 /secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [canned.workflow.postfunctions.FasttrackTransition] Could not delay changegroup creation time - post-function probably set on Create transition before issue was created. Move function to bottom of list.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Did you publish the workflow? Is that definitely the right workflow config in the question?

The config refers to action 2, but the log refers to action 111.

Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Good questions, Jamie, but yes, the workflow is published and it is the correct workflow. I might try to repeat this in a different environment.

Suggest an answer