Use one filter in 2 Dash boards

Sharath Krishnan October 31, 2017

I have One Filter( say IssueFilter)   that I have setup that shows Open  Issues  across all  teams   . I have used the above filter in one dashboard, that will be shared with a desired audience.

Now I need to pull out  Issues in my Team alone and few other information  in a different dashboard and share across a different team . Is there any way I can use the same IssueFilter  filter out issues in my team  in the dashboard as a View

2 answers

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

Dear Sharath, 

As I understand you are already used sharing filter parameters

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/using-filters-720416526.html

Then you want to add a few other information into your filter, 

I suggest for you use filter into filter functionality

filter = IssueFilter or (assignee = OTHERTEAMMEMBER) 

after that share a new filter. 

Hence if you change IssueFilter, it would affected on another filter.

I hope I have answered to your question.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hello, 

As a thought

1. you can use quick filters for boards to filter necessary issues. Then you can activate these filters to view only necessary issues. You can read more about quick filters here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-quick-filters

2. You can create a new filter based on the old filter and assign the new filter to the board. For example JQL query for the new filter would look like this

filter = IssueFilter AND <your additional condition here>

Any changes to IssueFilter will influence your new filter. 

Suggest an answer