Use different issue type schemes for both Greenhopper and Jira?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Hi all,

Is this possible? I'm trying to have one project use 2 issue type schemes. For Greenhopper, I'd like to use one scheme (and have default as "Story") and then for Jira issues I'd like another (with default as "Bug").

To me, this will be the only way to keep QA people and devs/managers happy and not complaining why they're likely choice isn't the default. ;)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Hey,

you can only associate one scheme with a project. Greenhopper just uses the configuration you apply in your JIRA project administration...

Cheers Christian

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

ok, was afraid of that. it seems useful to separate default options for new card in greenhopper (likely a story) and new issue in jira (likely a bug). maybe this will be a future enhancement.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

Greenhopper is a view on a project, not a separate structure. Everything in GH is inherited from the project (although there's a veneer of config on top of it, and it provides some extra stuff that the project can use)

Suggest an answer