Use different field than summary field

Gil Fefer June 17, 2014

Hi,

I want to use a different field than summary or use the summary as read-only field and set it with a value from a custome field.

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks,

Gil

2 answers

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Since you are using Jira OnDemand you will need to use a field copy post function. This is a plugin supported by Jira OnDemand. It is already pre-installed for you as well.

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions#Post-functions-11-CopyValueFromFieldtoFieldFunction(newin2.3)

Gil Fefer June 17, 2014

Thanks, I will trry that.

Gil Fefer June 18, 2014

Hi,

I have tried the post functions and no luck.

I added some functions and even removed the assign user function but noting happen.

Please see the attach jpg

Thanks,

Gil

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

There is no jpg image to look at. If none of post function changes are coming through, I would check your permissions and roles as a starting point.

Gil Fefer June 18, 2014

Hi,

Somehow I can't upload a jpg.

I checked and the permissions and roles looks OK, anything specific I should look for?

Thanks,

Gil

1 vote
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2014

Hi Gil,

Script runner plugin is the answer. For not allowing to edit Summary, you can take it out of create and edit screens. Put only on the view screen.

For coping the value from custom field to Summary field, you will have to write the post function.

Vijay

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2014
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2014

Opps, then its clear. As the plugin is not available for On-demand JIRA :( Got to look for another solution for your problem.

Gil Fefer June 17, 2014

I downloaded it and tried to installed it but got the following

The add-on athttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/version/1146cannot be installed on this OnDemand instance.

Thanks,

Gil

Gil Fefer June 17, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I can'y find the script runner in the marketplace and also can't install it manually.

Thanks,

Gil

Suggest an answer