Use different email account in "Send a custom email" post function

Igor Denisov October 31, 2016

Hi there,

Is it possible to use differenct account for email sending (instead account that specified in JIRA outgoing email parameters) in "Send a custom email" post function (Adaptive Script Runner)?

For example, in JIRA outgoing email parameters specified account_1, that cannot send email to external recipients by security porpose. 

I want to use account_2 in "Send a custom email" post function for sending email to external 

2 answers

0 votes
Igor Denisov November 6, 2016

Hi Thanos,

no, I need to have the possibility put login and password for account and use these data for authentication on SMTP server.

Default account that uses in my JIRA does not have rights to send email to external addresses.

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2016

Hi Igor, 

The send custom mail makes use of the DefaultSMTPMailServer. The alternative is to write a custom script where you can select which SMTPMailServer to use. 

Igor Denisov November 6, 2016

ok. thank you. 

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2016

Hi Igor,

If the issue is to not use the default From address in your SMTP mail server then you can user the Condition and Configuration field to set a From User you wish with the below script 

mail.setFrom ("aUser@example.com")

is that the case ?

Randee024 January 4, 2018

how about if i use sendEmail() routine; i try to use different account but it is not working. it will work if i will use the old smtp i use. please help its been a week of debuging. thanks

Suggest an answer