Use active directory credentials for access to Jira/Confluence

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

Hi,   We already have JIRA and conlfuence working with Crowd in an SSO configuration doing LDAP lookups to allow our active directory logins to work when signing into JIRA and Confluence.

However, we would like to have our Windows authentication (AD authentication) just pass through to JIRA and Confluence so we dont have to login all the time.

Is there a way to do this? 

3 answers

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2017

Hi @lance_lyons

I know this is an old thread but just in case you're still looking for a Windows authentication solution you might want to take a look a the IWAAC Kerberos SSO add-on which does exactly what you are looking for.

Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of the IWAAC Kerberos SSO add-on. There are other vendors that also provide Windows SSO plugins on Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=kerberos

0 votes
Justin Justin December 5, 2014

If you would like, you can try this packaged solution using the Kerberos protocol. Also support SAML2.

http://www.appfusions.com/display/KBRSCJ/Home 

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2014

There is a SPNEGO auth module (but I cannot find it on marketplace, pls google it). I saw that NTLM search on marketplace yields some results (TechTime easySSO for JIRA and Confluence) but I never tried those.

Suggest an answer