Use Service Desk without the customer portal.

Andri Páll Pálsson October 9, 2015

I want to start using Service Desk Cloud without the Customer Portal.

How can I turn that feature off?

I only want to receive issues and update clients via the email, at least in the beginning.

I do not want my clients to be prompted register to the Customer Portal.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Westgate August 7, 2019

This works for cloud, so i guess it would be the same for server.

If you want to delete a project, so that is cant been seen or actioned via the customer portal, then change the permission scheme, and this will delete the project visability from the portal, and the ability to raise tickets via the portal.

• go to permissions schemes, find the project you want to edit and click permissions.
  • You should then see a permission called "Browse Projects" click remove, this will give you the option to remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".
  • Once done refresh your portal and like magic the project has gone.

hope it works for you like it did for us.

1 vote
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2015

Hi Andri

Currently is not possible to disable the customer portal. We have Suggestion for this on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1012 I would recommend you to vote for and add yourself as a watcher.

Cheers!
Teilor

Dawn Fama February 19, 2019

We have the same requirement.  We want to use JSD for additional features JIRA software does not offer. However, our instance is not in a DMZ and is only accessible from inside our network.  We have strict policies in place and cannot make this application available for out of network users.  The interface can be confusing to new project members when they have option to raise a request via customer portal and create issue on JIRA menu.  I believe this is also making things difficult for notifications as we are using JEMH add on for mail handler. 

We have had JS and JEMH working nicely for several years and would like to implement it with JSD as well but JSD doesn't seem to work as well with JEMH as JS or there is a big learning curve on our part since the new releases.

Deleted user February 20, 2019

JEMH exists "outside" of JSD but there is a lot of JSD integration within JEMH. With JEMH 3.0.0 most of JSD "just works" with JEMH out of the box.

JEMH notifications exist outside of JSD, and this is an area that could be improved on (I'm actually working on developing new features in this area right now). But notifications for JSD projects with JEMH work no differently to notifications for Jira Software. In theory you can just clone whatever you had for software for JSD.

JEMH development is driven by customer feedback, if there is something that you think is missing, let us know! We've expanded the team this year so there is more capacity for building exciting new features.

Dawn, I am currently discussing JEMH/JSD integration with you directly, if we find anything that could be improved I will add it to my short term plans for 2019. Customer notifications are an area I want to tackle in the next month or so specifically.

Teja January 16, 2020

A bad workaround I've found is in the Name field place an invisible character using ALTcode 255 (To make an invisible character hold down ALT then 255 on the Numpad).

This will qualify the field as not being empty.

Note... that it is still in fact there, but the link is on an invisible character so is at least hidden.

Suggest an answer