Use JNDI connection with Groovy in Service Desk workflow

ION Information Systems July 11, 2015

Hi,

I have a groovy script in the post function of the Create transition that connects to an external DB through JNDI using the below code.

import javax.naming.Context
import javax.naming.InitialContext
import javax.sql.DataSource
37> Context initContext = new InitialContext()
38> Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env")
39> DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/MyDS")

It works perfectly if I create the issue using the normal JIRA interface.

But it gives me the below error when I create the issue from the Service Desk interface

/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/create/167 [scriptrunner.jira.workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction] Script function failed on issue: PROJ-xyz, actionId: 1, file: 
/usr/local/jira/scripts/myscript.groovy
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory 
[Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory]
at myscript.run(myscript.groovy:37)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.ChainingClassLoader.loadClass(ChainingClassLoader.java:65)
at com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 1 more

Is this a compatibility issue between the Script Runner and Service Desk?

Thanks

Graziella

2 answers

0 votes
ION Information Systems July 12, 2015

JIRA 6.3.10, SD 2.3.3, Script Runner 3.0.9

I thought it was the SD given that if I open the issue through the normal interface the script works.

I use the same code in many other groovy scripts that I run in other workflows, and all of them works, the only difference here is the SD... !!

What do you think it can be the reason?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2015

That code throws the same error when run through the script console, so although service desk seems to often cause problems, I don't see it's the cause this time.

What version of JIRA is it?

Suggest an answer