Use JIRA OnDemand as a support system

Jiechao Wang September 19, 2013

Hi,

Let's assume a customer finds an issue, and sends a message to our support email. Then someone in our team creates an issue on JIRA OnDemand for that customer. When the issue is created, the customer receives an email notification about this. Then the team works on this issue and fixes it, and closes this issue on JIRA OnDemand. Then the customer again receives another email notification saying that this issue has been closed.

Can anyone tell me how to use JIRA OnDemand as a support system to implement the above scenario? Any idea /suggestion is appreciated!

Jiechao

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

Hi Jiechao,

I think your best bet for at least the first part of your question would be configuring JIRA to automatically create tickets when an email is sent to its handler. You can find that full documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

The stumbling block I see here is that JIRA will not send out email notifications to non users. The suggested workaround for this would be to include a workflow step that reminds your JIRA users to send out an email to customers upon certain steps in the workflow.

Hope this helps

Turner

Suggest an answer