Use JIRA API Classes in Custom Release Notes Template

Lydia Chung February 13, 2013

Hi,

I am working on setting up release notes template to match our existing format. I have two questions that I need some help:

First question: I'd like to get the real path of the attachments shown in the release note. I found com.atlassian.jira.util.AttachmentUtils provides getAttachmentFile method that I can use. What should I change in releasenotes-html.vm file to be able to use AttachmentUtils class? Or is there any other way to get the path of the files?

My second question is how can I get a list of predefined variables (such as $project, $version, $issueTypes) that are available in releasenotes-html.vm?

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

I'm not sure whether the internal Release Notes feature allows you to access JIRA internals, but the PDF View Plugin does and you can use it to generate really smart Release Notes documents:

1. Working with attachments (even including the attached files directly in the Release Notes doc)
  2. Full list of model objects ("predefined variables") that can be accessed in the template

Here is a sample output for your interest.

Suggest an answer