Use Custom Field (multi user picker) as condition for workflow transition

I have a Custom Field of type "multi user picker". I would like to use the user(s) specified in this field as condition for a transition in my workflow. Is this possible?

If I use the condition "User Is In Group Custom Field", the custom field I would like to use does not appear in the Group Selector list.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

did you installed JSU plugin ?

the "User Is In Custom field" condition is from the JSU plugin

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions

That solved the issue. Thank you!

0 votes

Did you try the "Users in custom field" option? See if that works.

Hello Jobin, thank you for your answer. I don't see the "Users in custom field" option. The only condition options related to users are "User Is In Group", "User Is In Group Custom Field", "User Is In Project Role" and the assignee and reporter options.

I tried the "User Is In Group Custom Field" option, but my custom field does not appear in the list. Do I need to configure it in some way?

Hello!

How to compare UserPicker (multi) values with empy string ("", null)?

To answer your question as stated, custom-field-value.equals("")

In reality, that will not work, because an empty custom field is not "" or even null, you will get a not found error as it doesn't exist at all.

In that case a simple "(if custom-field-value)" will do the right test for you.

Nice one)

Thank you!

p.s.: resolved as {code}{Approver} != /nobody.*/{code}

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,091 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you